Nick’s iCarly Hits Another All-Time High – Outperforms 'Jonas' and NBA Playoffs
iCarly is the Week’s Top Program among ALL Cable Sports and Entertainment Programs
6.5 Million Total Viewers Tune In to "iDate A Bad Boy"
NEW YORK–May 12, 2009–Nickelodeon’s iCarly took it to another level this week as the hour-long “iDate a Bad Boy” special (May 9, 8 p.m. ET/PT) was basic cable’s overall top show among both sports and entertainment programming. iCarly brought in 6.5 million total viewers (up 183% in delivery over last year’s time period), which beat the #2 ranked basic cable program, the Los Angeles Lakers/Houston Rockets playoffs on TNT (Wednesday, May 6).
• iCarly easily defeated a new Jonas on Saturday night with iCarly scoring a 12.9 Kids 6-11 rating and a 12.8 Teens 9-14 rating.
• By comparison, Jonas got a 4.0 Kids 6-11 rating and a 3.7 Teens 9-14 rating.
• iCarly beat Jonas by 198% with Kids 6-11 (12.0 vs. 4.0) and by 216% with Teens 9-14 (11.7 vs. 3.7).
• In its second half-hour, iCarly posted a 14.0 Kids 6-11 rating (363% higher than competing Wizards of Waverly Place) and a 13.8 Teens 9-14 rating (452% higher than competing Wizards of Waverly Place).
• iCarly reached 6.5 Million total viewers from 8-9PM. The 1st half hour got over 6 million viewers, and the 2nd half-hour got nearly 7 million viewers.
• Not only did the new iCarly outperform the new Jonas in the head-to-head competition, three reruns of iCarly (on Saturday and Sunday) also outperformed the new Jonas episode. Click this URL to see: http://tinyurl.com/pt4wnv
Congratulations to the iCarly cast, staff, and crew.
And most importantly, thanks to the FANS -- the ones who made this happen.